Beginning from about 70 to 100m measuring distance and depending on the quality of a natural surface, the reflectivity decreases to such an extent that reliable distance measurement is no longer possible.
However, if a calibrated, orange Dimetix reflective target plate is used, measuring distances of up to 500m are possible (depending on sensor type). More over, a reflective target plate generally causes a higher measuring speed.
In addition, the following should be considered:
- Selection of a D-series sensor type with suitable measuring range by the means of line “Measuring range on reflective tape” in the specification table. Not only the maximum but also the minimum measuring distance has to be considered
- The reflection target plate must not be scratched during assembly, operation and maintenance
- Depending on the application conditions, it may be necessary to periodically clean the reflective target plate. Use a soft, non-scratchy cleaning cloth and soapy water for this. Solvents must not be used
- The permitted operation temperature range is -20 to +90 °C
- For the assembly of the reflection target plate see here
- For covering a larger area with the orange Dimetix reflective foil see here