Experience has shown that for untrained staff gluing on the orange Dimetix reflective foil is difficult and the result is often unsatisfactory. We therefore strongly recommend that this task is assigned to a specialist (e.g. a graphic artist) who is skilled in handling self-adhesive foil.
Please also note the following information:
- We recommend sticking the foil on an aluminum plate, because we have had positive results using this material. Other solid and smooth surfaces are also possible.
- The surface to which the foil is to be glued must be absolutely free of dust and grease.
- We recommend working the foil at 20 °C to 30 °C. The foil must not be worked at temperatures below 10 °C and above 40 °C.
- The surface can be moistened with a little soapy water (approximately 5 to 8 drops of soap in 500 ml of water). A spray bottle is ideal for this. Moistened in this manner, the foil can still be manipulated on the underlay minimally if necessary,
- Then use a soft plastic spatula to wipe off the air bubbles, working from the center of the surface to its edges. At the same time, soapy water between the foil and the underlay should also be removed. During this stage, special care must be taken to ensure that the foil is not scratched.
- Let the surface dry for a day or two.
In many cases, the ready-to-use orange Dimetix reflective target plate (Part.No. 500113) can be used as a simple and time-saving option.